Granted, they may not have the rugged off-roader styling of an SUV, but usually, estates are less expensive to buy and run than their SUV counterparts, while still having the capacity to cover every motoring eventuality. What’s more, if you’re used to a saloon or a hatchback, an estate may feel a bit more familiar than an SUV, and to some buyers, that’ll be important.
Thing is, there are lots of estates to choose from, so which one should you pick? To help you out, here are Auto Trader’s six favourite estate cars, covering every size and budget.
- Dacia Logan MCV – the bargain-basement one
- Skoda Octavia Estate – the clever one
- Seat Leon ST Cupra 300 – the fast one
- Volkswagen Passat GTE Estate – the hybrid one
- Mercedes E-Class Estate – the absolutely massive one