These cars have to look right, drive right and – most importantly – be affordable to run. That’s because the vast majority of them will be bought as part of a company car fleet and mustn’t cost the person who runs them the earth in BIK company car tax liabilities.
Even with those criteria, there are plenty of good cars to choose from, but here we round up our five favourite compact executives.
- BMW 3 Series – The enthusiast’s one
- Mercedes C-Class – The comfortable one
- Jaguar XE – The British one
- Audi A4 – The high-quality one
- Lexus IS300h – The hybrid one