That may mean you have to make some sacrifices – like having two seats instead of four, and not having a boot that’ll fit much more than a few small shopping bags – but you don’t have to compromise on everything. The best sports cars provide plenty in the way of comfort, luxury equipment and everyday usability, and with many, even reasonable running costs aren’t out of the question.
Tempted? You should be, so here’s our guide to the best of what’s available.
- Mazda MX-5 – the low-cost one
- Alpine A110 – the super-light one
- Porsche 718 Boxster – the precise one
- Jaguar F-Type – the pretty one
- McLaren 720S– the super-fast one