1.1. These Content Standards for Dealer Reviews (“Content Standards”) apply to all Reviews (submitted by a customer of a Dealer) and Replies (submitted by the relevant Dealer) and they must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. These Content Standards apply to each part of any Review or Reply as well as to its whole. We will determine, at our sole discretion, whether a Review or Reply (or any part of them) breaches these Content Standards.
1.2. All Reviews and Replies must:
- 1.2.1. be accurate (where it states facts);
- 1.2.2 be genuinely held (where it states opinions) and be related to your own personal experience; and
- 1.2.3 be relevant.
1.3. A Review must:
- 1.3.1. not be written on behalf of another individual;
- 1.3.2. relate to your experience with the Dealership identified and not any other legal business entity (past or present);
- 1.3.3. be submitted along with your full and correct name and valid email address. Please note that full names and email addresses will not be published on the Auto Trader Platform or disclosed to any Dealer (unless you give us your consent, or we obtain a court order, allowing us to share such details with a Dealer); and
- 1.3.4. be unique. We do not allow the submission of multiple reviews by one individual against a single Dealer within a reasonable time frame and do not support on-going conversations on the Auto Trader Platform. Auto Trader reserves the right to make this distinction and our decision shall be final; and
- 1.3.5 not be submitted at point of sale, on the Dealer’s premises or using the Dealer’s electronic equipment.
1.4. All Reviews and Replies must not:
- 1.4.1. be defamatory or derogatory of any person or organisation;
- 1.4.2. contain any strong profanity or inappropriate content or be obscene, offensive, threatening, inflammatory, abusive, hateful, racist, anti-religious or sexually graphic;
- 1.4.3. be in any way discriminatory or promote discrimination of any kind;
- 1.4.4. be pornographic or violent;
- 1.4.5. disclose any personal information in respect of any individual other than your own name, age and location. Personal information is information that can be used to identify a person or contact a person by any means;
- 1.4.6. infringe any copyright, database right, trademarks or other rights of any other person (i.e. belong to someone else);
- 1.4.7. breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- 1.4.8. be in contempt of court;
- 1.4.9. be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- 1.4.10. be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- 1.4.11. impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- 1.4.12. be unlawful or advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit or assist any unlawful or criminal act or contain any description or mention of illegal activity;
- 1.4.13. contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism;
- 1.4.14. contain any advertising (including any adverts on the Auto Trader Platform), promote any goods or services, drive traffic to another website or notify users of a promotion not approved by us or attempt to make a commercial gain;
- 1.4.15. contain any spam;
- 1.4.16. be in any language other than English;
- 1.4.17. be irrelevant or off-topic;
- 1.4.18. contain a URL or link to another site;
- 1.4.19. directly quote individuals. e.g. “we don’t have service history for the car”;
- 1.4.20. make claims in respect of specific vehicles for sale by the Dealer or the quality of the Dealer’s Reviews; or
- 1.4.21. directly interfere with on-going court proceeding or police investigations.