The most important thing is to stay in control throughout the process, and you can do that by following these tips:
- When you’re setting up a meeting, get the buyer’s contact details. Call them back to confirm details and to check they’re genuine.
- Ask them to bring some proof of identity with them - perhaps their driving licence, as they'll need this if they want to test drive the car.
- Always meet potential buyers at your home. If it makes you more comfortable, have someone with you.
- When your buyer arrives, check their proof of identity and, if they come by car, take a note of its details.
- Allow them plenty of time to look over your car.
- If they want to set up a third-party inspection, let them.