Vanarama terms and conditions
Last updated: 22nd March 2023
These Terms set out the terms and conditions on which Autorama UK Ltd (“Vanarama”,“we”, “us” or “our”) supply Services to you. Please ensure you have read and understood these Terms carefully prior to placing an order with us.
We draw your attention in particular to clauses 30 and 31 (Limitation of liability).
We may amend these Terms in accordance with the information set out in clause 8.1 below. Should you wish to use these Terms for future reference, you should save and/or print out a copy of these Terms for your records.
If you would like to view this document or other documents in another format such as large print, Braille or audio, please contact us in accordance with clause 38.
Autorama UK Ltd (“Vanarama”) is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to consumer credit and insurance mediated activities (Firm reference number: 630748). Vanarama is a credit broker, not a lender. Vanarama’s regulated activity is limited to facilitating introductions to a select panel of Lenders, who may reward us for introducing you to them. Vanarama does not offer a source of credit or a finance product directly to customers and does not undertake any of the Lender’s regulatory responsibilities.
- Definitions and rules of interpretation
In these Terms, any phrases introduced by the terms "including", "include", "in particular" or any similar expression shall be construed as illustrative and shall not limit the sense of the words preceding those terms or the generality of the related general words.
Term Meaning "Business Customer" means a customer that is a business operating in any form, including a sole proprietorship, to whom business services are provided. "Cancellation Period / Cooling-Off Period" "" means as a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a contract from the date you receive the order confirmation, which is also the start date of your contractual agreement with us. You have 14 calendar days to cancel your contract with us under the Consumer Contracts Regulations. If you want to cancel a credit agreement, the Consumer Credit Act offers you a 14-day cooling-off period to cancel such agreement. "Consumer" means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside that individual's trade, business, craft or profession. "Credit Check" "" means a credit search where your personal information may be shared with credit reference agencies and finance providers to understand your financial behaviour and assess your application and suitability for finance. "Deposit" means monies paid by you as an earnest or security for the performance of a contract or other obligation paid by you at the time of your Order for the vehicle. "Direct Debit Payments" means the monies that fall due and are payable by the customer by way of recurring, usually monthly, regular direct debit payments. "Events Outside Our Control" means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks. "Finance Agreement" means an introduction to a panel of lenders outlining the terms of credit to enter into a finance agreement with a lender in order to purchase, hire, or lease the vehicle identified in your order. Such lenders may reward Vanarama by way of payment of commission. "Goods" means the goods that we are offering, selling, hiring or leasing to you as set out in your Order, generally being a new or used vehicle, parts and/or accessories. "Lender" means a bank, a finance company or leasing company providing financial services. "Manufacturer" means the relevant business engaged in the manufacture of the vehicle. "Order" means your order for our goods and/or services indicating that you wish to proceed with an order for the purchase, hire, or lease of a vehicle, whether that be through using our order form or through any other means. "Quotation" means a quotation offered by us to you in our standard format. "Services" means the services that we are providing to you as defined or agreed in your order. "Term(s)" means the terms and conditions set out in this document and for the entire duration of your contract. "Value Added Tax (VAT)" means value added tax in accordance with the provisions of the Value Added Tax Act 1994. "Vehicle(s)" means the vehicle(s) referred to in our Quotation and/or your Order. "Vehicle Arrangement Fee" means the fee charged by us for our Services. "Vehicle Reservation Fee" means the fee charged by us before your Order is processed. "We / Us / Our / Vanarama" means Vanarama, a trading style of Autorama UK Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company registration. number (05137709) whose registered office address is Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead, HP2 7DE, United Kingdom. "Website" means the content of the website located at the domain name(s), and all copyrights forming the website operated by ‘Us‘ as registered under the domain name www.vanarama.com. "You/ Your" means the person or business who has entered into this contract for whom Vanarama has agreed to perform its Services.
- Our services
- In accordance with your requirements, our Services are provided to you by sourcing a vehicle for you and by offering financial products and services at your request. Please note, we are not a lender. Vanarama are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) as both a credit intermediary and insurance intermediary, under registration number (630748). Please click here for further information: https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_FirmDetailsPage?id=001b000000bWPAOAA4. Vanarama is also a broker member of the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA) and is licensed for credit brokerage under the Consumer Credit Act 2006.
- Where you purchase any Goods or Services from us, such purchases will be subject to standard terms of service. Any purchase is exclusively subject to and governed by the applicable terms and conditions for the Service in question. Please note, we do not offer a whole market option for consumer credit, we offer and provide Goods or Services from a select panel of Lenders and Manufacturers.
- So that we can provide you with our Services, we may request certain information from you and where such information is required, we will contact you using the contact details you have provided. If after being asked by us you do not provide this information or provide us with incorrect information, we may levy a reasonable additional charge to cover any extra work that is required by us, or we may suspend our Services altogether by giving you appropriate written notice. Vanarama will not assume any liability for any non-performance or delays as a result of you not providing the information that we asked you for.
- Vanarama shall make every effort to fulfil its Services on time, as may be agreed or set out in the Order, however, there may be instances where you experience delays with our Services due to events that are outside of our control. Please refer to the section ‘Events outside our control‘ in these Terms for further information on our responsibilities should such circumstances occur.
- With respect to any Services involving any inspection, repair, or contemplated repair, you, on our behalf, are responsible for ensuring the safe driving of the Vehicle both on the road and elsewhere. Where in any case a driver has the authority to deliver or collect any Goods, Vanarama will not be liable to you for any loss or damage resulting on the grounds of such driver.
- For any goods relating to a part-exchange and for any Goods supplied by or lent by us, you agree to indemnify us for any fines and charges incurred by you or on your behalf.
- During the course of providing our Services, all parts of a Vehicle removed by us shall, and where not claimed by you within 14 days after completion of the Services, be deemed to be wholly abandoned to us and shall in accordance become our absolute property.
- We may suspend our Services if you default on any of your payments when you are not supposed to and as set out in the ‘Price and payment terms‘ section of these Terms.
- You have certain legal rights, as a Consumer, in relation to any Services not carried out with reasonable care and skill, or if the materials we use are faulty or not as described. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights. Further advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- We have a dedicated GAP & Insurance department who can provide you with quotes for GAP insurance and motor insurance.
- We are authorised for non-advised sales which means we can provide you quotes and information about the policy and leave you to make the decision about whether the product is right for you or not.
- We can provide you with a Quotation for Goods and/or Services and tailor this to your requirements. In the instance you fail to however, specify any extras, options, or any other requirement, or fail to adequately describe your requirements to us, Vanarama will not assume any liability in this regard.
- Whilst we will make every effort to ensure that the information provided by us on our Quotation is accurate, free from error and omission, such information is specifically excepted.
- Where a Quotation has been provided for Goods and any associated standard equipment, manufacturer's warranty, and any breakdown cover provided as part of such warranty, such information is subject to changes beyond our control and have been provided to you on an informal advice basis only. Vanarama will not assume liability for any losses arising as a result of any inaccurate information. It is your responsibility to ensure that any Goods and/or Services are fit for the purpose for which you intend them to be, and you should verify with any manufacturer the accuracy of any information your decision is based upon.
- You expressly agree to notify us if you have negotiated any terms with a Manufacturer or any other party which will affect the Quotation being provided to you. In the instance where any payments due to us are not paid arising as a result of your terms overriding ours, we will invoice you for the amounts owed to us for which you will be liable to reimburse us for within 7 calendar days.
- Please note, the finance packages offered to you in any Quotation, save otherwise stated, are offered as fixed-rate, fixed-term contracts. Any rental costs varying in response to fluctuations in VAT, Corporation Tax or other taxes, charges and rebates which may be revised at any given time are not precluded. Any contract you sign with a Lender will incorporate in its terms and conditions details of any variations to any rentals or payments.
- Any delivery timescales quoted are for indicative purposes only. Whilst we will make every effort to ensure that we meet the indicative timescales quoted, we cannot assume any liability for any descriptions arising out of a delay in delivery due to events outside our control. Please refer to the section in these Terms under ‘Events outside our control‘ for further information.
- Vanarama reserves the right to withdraw any Quotations provided for any reason and at any time. This includes, but is not limited to, a change in costs, manufacturer’s prices, maintenance prices, and a change in any residual value.
- Your Vehicle
- We will endeavour to cover your vehicle specifications requirements as accurately as possible but we are unable to ensure we cover every requirement in every circumstance due to the vast array of vehicles and their varying specification levels. With this in mind, please check your chosen Vehicle's specifications in line with the Vehicle on your Order confirmation to ensure all your requirements are met – we are always happy to answer any questions you have on this.
- More information on requirements for electric and hybrid vehicles can be found here.
- An additional maintenance option is available for most vehicles, where maintenance has not been opted for it is the customers responsibility to ensure the Vehicle is maintained within the manufacturer's guidelines at an approved garage (approved garage is defined as a VAT-registered garage that uses genuine manufacturer parts)
- We offer a range of finance products through our finance providers, where possible we can advise on these products to find one that suits your needs and requirements, further information on these products can be found here.
- We sometimes offer Pre-Registered vehicles. Customers will be made aware if their Vehicle is a pre-registered vehicle. For the avoidance of doubt, pre-registered vehicles are not used vehicles, they have been registered by the dealer to lock in better discounts which we pass on to you, the customer, as part of our Price Promise. The Manufacturer's warranty on a pre-registered vehicle will run from the date of registering and not from the date of delivery. Similarly, MOTs will need to be carried out 3 years from date of registration. On some contracts the vehicle tax will run from the date of registration. For Contract Hire you will have Road Tax covered for the full term of your agreement regardless of whether the Vehicle is pre-registered or not.
- All diesel vehicles have Diesel Particulate Filters (DPFs), this is a part of the engine designed to reduce emissions which has specific requirements. For more information on what this means to you please see your Vehicle's handbook for further instructions.
- Some diesel vehicles use AdBlue, a solution that reduces emissions, there will be a filler cap on your vehicle to top this up. This does not form part of a maintenance agreement and is your responsibility to maintain. For more information on what this means to you please see your Vehicle's handbook for further instructions.
- Our Contract with you
- The contract between you and Vanarama is formed of and incorporates these Terms and any additional Attachments, Schedules and Annexes, as may be amended from time to time in accordance with these Terms. We consider that these documents together with the Order and order confirmation constitute the whole agreement between you and us. These Terms are the terms and conditions in which we will supply Goods and/or Services to you. Please ensure you read these Terms carefully and check that the Terms and details on any written Order are complete and accurate before you sign and submit to any written Order or any Order through other means.
- Should you wish to place an Order with us, our sales representative and website can guide you through the steps required to fulfil your requirements. You may at this point be required to pay a Vehicle Arrangement Fee and/or a deposit (Vehicle Reservation Fee) to secure any Goods. This can be paid by debit or credit card. The Vehicle Reservation Fee (deposit) will be refunded to you on the day your vehicle is delivered and will reach your account in 3 to 5 working days. Should you decide to cancel your Order the full Vehicle Arrangement Fee and Vehicle Reservation Fee will be refunded to you. Please do ensure your requirements are accurate prior to placing any Order with us. In any event, if you realise an error has been made by you in your Order, please notify us within 7 hours following submission of your Order request.
- Please note, that once you have signed and submitted an Order with us, you should receive an email from us to acknowledge receipt of your Order. Such notification does not in any way imply that we have accepted your Order for any Goods and/or Services, and in no way does it imply that your Order has been accepted or that a contract between us has been formed by way of supplying you with any Goods and/or Services. Should we be unable to supply you with the Goods and/or Services, we will not be able to process your Order and will in accordance notify you of this. If any payment has been made by you to us, we shall, as soon as is reasonably practicable, and in any event refund the full amount paid to us without interest within 7 calendar days.
- Should your Order be accepted, we will provide and assign an order number to you once your Order has been accepted by us at which point these Terms will become legally binding on both you and us. For the existence of doubt, we will contact you to notify you that we have accepted your Order and issue you with written acceptance of your order confirmation, at which point this contract will become legally binding between you and us. Please quote this Order number in any following correspondence with us.
- Upon sourcing the Goods for you, your Order details will be shared with our select panel of Lenders where you will enter into a separate finance agreement with them. At this stage, we will start to perform our Services.
- Should any Terms conflict with any terms of the Order confirmation, the Order confirmation will take precedence.
- Finance agreement
- Please note, credit facilities are subject to status and guarantees may be required.
- You accept that any finance package being quoted to you has been selected by you and is in reliance to your own skills and judgement. Vanarama can only provide general advice with regards to the various finance packages on offer. We are not privy to information which might materially affect the suitability of any specific financial package being offered to you and we cannot provide any financial advice in this regard. We recommend that you consult with an independent financial or tax advisor, accountant, or another qualified professional prior to making any financial decision.
- When a finance application is received from you, your personal information and/or business information will be disclosed to a select panel of Lenders for the purpose of considering your finance application. You must guarantee the accuracy and authenticity of all information and all documents you provide in this regard. The Lender will then use the information provided to carry out a credit check.
- In order to assess your application for finance, the Lender may use an automated process called credit scoring which is a statistical analysis method used to assess your creditworthiness. Should your application for finance be declined as a result of this automated technique, your application may be reviewed manually upon request.
- When a finance application is received from a business, information may be sought by both Credit Reference Agencies and Fraud Prevention Agencies on the company's Directors, Partners, or Principal, as individuals. Please ensure you are authorised to disclose any such information about any of the guarantor's, co-applicant's, or other persons referred to us by you in connection to any finance application. Please also ensure you have the relevant authority to authorise the Lender to search and record information at Credit Reference Agencies about you, and each guarantor or co-applicant. Please note, an association which links the financial records of each party referred to will be formed at the Credit Reference Agencies.
- For the sole purpose of assessing your finance application, the Lender may disclose to us any relevant information that they may currently hold regarding you, a guarantor, or co-applicant. You agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the finance agreement when entering it and you agree that further terms and conditions will apply when making a finance application to us. Such terms and conditions are available on request.
- As a condition of the Lender's acceptance of your finance application, you will be required to provide any information that the Lender requires.
- For Vanarama or any Lender to comply with relevant regulations and applicable legislation for the prevention of money laundering and fraud, you expressly agree to, at any time and on demand, conform to any request(s) made by either party.
- Variations to these terms or variations to your order
- From time to time, these Terms may be revised by us. Circumstances which give rise to such changes include, but are not limited to, changes in any applicable laws and regulatory requirements, changes in how we can accept payments from you, and any changes which require us to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements e.g. to address a safety issue.
- Should you wish to make any changes to your Order, please contact us using the ‘Contact us‘ section of these Terms. If such changes can be accommodated by us, we will look to fulfil these. This may impact the price of our Services, the timing of supply, or anything else which is required as a result of your request to change. We will always obtain your explicit confirmation to determine whether you wish to proceed with such changes. Should any changes, or any consequences as a result of making such changes, be unacceptable to you, you may decide that you wish to cancel the contract. Should you wish to cancel an Order before it has been fulfilled, please refer to the section under ‘Your cancellation rights as a consumer‘.
- For any Goods made-to-your-requirements, please note, we will not be able to cancel an Order once it has been made and any variations to your Order may result in a change in the price of the Goods and/or Services.
- Please do ensure your requirements are accurate prior to placing an Order with us. Vanarama are unable to accept the return of Goods should the reason for your return be because you provided us with incorrect information. Please note, this does not affect your statutory legal rights as a consumer, if Goods are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- Our Goods
- You accept that any Goods chosen by you are with reliance to your own skills and judgement and Vanarama has not chosen or inspected the Goods or provided any express representation, warranty or term as to the quality, description, fitness for purpose, or otherwise of such Goods. We exclude all implied representations, warranties or terms in relation to the Goods, including satisfactory quality and fitness for purpose, to the fullest extent permissible by law.
- Any description of Goods marked as “new” does not in any way imply that you are the first registered keeper and such Goods may have been registered to another party prior to being re-registered to you.
- You agree to assume responsibility for ensuring Goods are appropriately maintained and serviced in accordance with the terms of any finance agreement where applicable and in accordance with the manufacturer's standards.
- You agree not to resell any Goods for commercial purposes. We may suspend and/or cancel the contract by providing written notice to you should there be any breach to this warranty. You will be liable for any costs, expenses, damages and losses (including, but not limited to, any direct, indirect, or consequential losses and all interest, expenses, legal and professional costs, and penalties) suffered or incurred by us as a result.
- Part exchange goods
- Such provisions shall apply where goods are being part exchanged and we have agreed to take such goods in payment or part payment of a deposit, advance payment or advance rental, or in payment or part payment of a vehicle invoice.
- Where a valuation has been provided by us, for any goods to be supplied by us to you, either as part exchange or otherwise for any goods, such valuation is to be used as a guide only and this in no way represents any binding offer to purchase such goods until we have examined them. Any information you provide us, with respect to part exchanged goods, must be of material fact for us to rely upon.
- You must provide us with any material fact which will affect our decision to accept the part exchange goods or our valuation thereof. You agree to indemnify us against any loss we incur as a result of your failure to provide us with any material fact which affects our ability to resell the goods in part exchange, or that which affects the value we receive upon selling the goods to be part exchanged.
- Vanarama reserves the right to re-value the part exchanged goods at the time of purchase to review current market values, age, mileage, condition, wear and tear, and any other factors we may deem relevant.
- If a part exchange has been accepted by us as part payment for any Goods, you expressly agree and represent that you are the registered legal owner of such goods and that no outstanding credit is owed on it and no agreements of any kind have been secured on it or by reference to it. Should there be any outstanding credit on the vehicle, we will deduct from you the amount of any outstanding credit. Where the part exchange of goods has been accepted by us, we will provide you with a part exchange offer letter confirming the details of our valuation and the information you provided to us detailing such part exchange.
- Part exchange goods must be delivered to us on or before we deliver any Goods or collect any goods from you. From the date you deliver such part exchange goods to us, as between us and you, Vanarama will be the legally registered owner of such goods. By delivering the part exchange goods to us, you warrant that such goods will be in the same condition as previously agreed and described to us (subject only to fair wear and tear and reasonable increase in mileage), and as at our sole discretion.
- Where we have accepted part exchange goods as part payment from you and you arrange for a Lender to purchase such goods, we shall be authorised to notify such Lender of the valuation agreed by us to be deducted from the price of the Goods for the part exchange and any deposit you have paid to us.
- Vanarama reserves the right to, at our discretion, agree with you a reduced part exchange value for the part exchange goods.
- Vehicle hire goods
- Such provisions shall apply where we agree to provide hired Goods for any reason.
- Hired Goods are only authorised to be driven by you or by a driver authorised by you.
- Any hired Goods must be kept and maintained in a good condition and any repair throughout the period the hire Goods remain in your custody and control, is at your own expense and is inclusive of any damages howsoever caused. Whilst in your custody and control, you are also obligated to comprehensively insure any hired Goods and shall be liable for any uninsured excess.
- Any monthly cost for the hire of Goods shall be agreed with you in advance of hire and shall be subject to an advance payment for each monthly period. Should the hire terminate prior to the end of a monthly period, a pro-rata refund will be calculated.
- Any breach of any legal requirement relating to the use, or possession of the hired Goods by you shall be your liability and this includes, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, any fines, penalties, costs, charges or other liabilities that may be incurred in respect of the hired Goods for which you shall indemnify us for on demand against. Should you, for whatever reason, fail to pay such sums promptly, we may through no obligation, settle any such sums ourselves. You will be liable to reimburse us for such sums within 7 calendar days of our demand.
- Any hired Goods must be returned with the same level of fuel with which it was delivered. In the instance where hired Goods are not returned to us in this condition, you will be liable to pay the sums required to refill the Goods to the initial fuel consumption level.
- Collection, delivery, and delivery charges
- Please note, delivery timescales and delivery charges will vary dependent on the availability of Goods and your geographical location. Delivery timescales may also be impacted by an event outside of our control. Please refer to the section in these Terms under ‘Events outside our control‘ for further information.
- Delivery of an Order shall be completed when either the Goods are delivered to the address you provided us with or where you decide to collect such Goods from us or our representatives. Should a failed attempt at delivery arise as a result of no persons at the premises being available to take receipt of the delivery, we will leave a note to state this. The delivery will then need to be re-arranged and further charges may be levied to you.
- You assume responsibility of the Goods upon delivery or collection. If for whatever reason we are unable to deliver your Order's entirety at any one given time arising as a result of operational reasons or shortage of stock, your Order may be delivered in instalments. You will not be charged additional delivery costs for this but in any instance where you expressly ask us to deliver the Order in instalments, you may be charged additional delivery costs for this service. Please note, each instalment will constitute a separate contract governed by these Terms. You are not authorised or entitled to cancel any other instalments in any event an instalment is faulty or where we may have been delayed in delivering an instalment to you.
- Nothing in these terms shall constitute any obligation for us to arrange delivery of any Goods by any specified time or date.
- We will register your Vehicle and deliver it to your specified address within Mainland UK free of charge.
- Mileage on the clock of your Vehicle on delivery does not count towards your contracted mileage allocation. A note will be made of your mileage on your delivery note.
- While we endeavour to meet or better the estimated delivery dates, as stated, these are estimated. Circumstances can arise out of our control whereby Vehicles are delayed either in manufacture or delivery. In these situations, we will keep you informed of any updates.
- Prior to delivery we are required (by finance providers) to show proof of insurance on the Vehicle. In these instances, the finance applicant will need to be seen on the certificate either as main policy holder or as a named driver.
- On delivery of your Vehicle we hope everything is as ordered, on the rare occasion that is not the case, please ensure you detail the issues on the delivery note and contact us immediately. We are not able to accept any liability of damage not detailed on a delivery note.
- Returns Policy
- Customers have the right to return their Vehicle up to 30 days after delivery. The Vehicle must have a maximum of 50 miles over the delivery mileage (as per the delivery mileage stated on the Delivery Acceptance Note) on the clock.
- The Vehicle will be inspected to BVRLA Fair Wear and Tear standards although each Lender has their own set of guidelines. You will be liable for any damage not covered by your Lender’s fair wear & tear guidelines.
- For more information on our returns policy, click here.
- Excess Mileage and Fair Wear and Tear
- Mileage limits are pooled – even though you might select 10,000 miles per year, with a 3-year lease you actually have 30,000 to use across the term. Handing the Vehicle back (on relevant leases) with excessive mileage will incur charges.
- Additionally, for contracts whereby the Vehicle is handed back at the end, if the Vehicle is outside of ‘Fair Wear & Tear‘ then additional charges will be incurred.
- For agreements whereby the Vehicle is retained at the end of the term, excess mileage charges along with Fair Wear & Tear conditions are not applicable, but usage of the Vehicle will affect its residual value.
- Mid-Contract Adjustments and End of Contract
- We have a dedicated team for mid-contract adjustments, along with an End of Contract team who will provide you with your options.
- We will facilitate mid-contract adjustments (e.g. increasing mileage allowance) between you and the Lender throughout the term of your agreement where possible, in line with funder Terms and Conditions.
- Unlike other brokers, we do not charge an administration fee for these adjustments.
- Non-Payment – Important InformationNon-payment of credit agreements and default will severely affect your credit rating and may result with the Vehicle being repossessed by the Lender and or action being taken via the County Courts. The way you conduct your agreement is registered with all the Credit Reference Agencies and therefore any default could severely affect your chances of being accepted for credit in the future.
- Price and payment terms
- Prices quoted for personal leasing include VAT, with VAT always charged at the standard prevailing rate.
- Prices quoted for business leasing exclude VAT, with VAT always charged at the standard prevailing rate.
- Some of our Lenders may charge an administration fee to set up your agreement.
- We may receive a commission or other benefits from Lenders should you decide to enter into an agreement with the Lender we have introduced you to.
- The price of our Goods and/or Services can be found in your Vehicle Order Confirmation, the FCA Initial Disclosure Document and Credit Information Notice as in force at the time we confirmed your Order with you. Our prices are indicative and subject to change at any time; such price changes will not affect any Orders that we have already confirmed with you. Please note however, that whilst we make every effort to ensure that the prices provided by us on our Vehicle Order Confirmation are accurate, and free from error and omission, there may be rare cases where our Goods and/or Services have been incorrectly priced. Where such pricing errors are obvious, unmistakeable, and could reasonably be identified by you as mispricing, we are not obliged to provide any Goods and/or Services to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
- Any indicative prices shown with respect to any Goods and/or Services may be presented inclusive or exclusive of VAT and you are liable to pay VAT. For business customers, any indicative prices shown with respect to any Goods and/or Services will be exclusive of VAT. Should the VAT rate change between the date of the Order and the date of delivery or performance, the rate of VAT that you are required to pay will be adjusted, unless you have already paid for, in full, any payment for the Goods and/or Services before the change in the VAT rate takes effect.
- Unless otherwise agreed by us, the prices for Goods exclude any delivery costs and such charges will be added to the total amount due. Unless also agreed otherwise by us, for any Goods being supplied to you, you must pay a Vehicle Arrangement Fee and/or Deposit by credit or debit card to secure any goods. Please note, we will not charge your credit or debit card until the Goods have been dispatched to you.
- For all monies owed to us by you, Vanarama shall have a general lien on your Goods, inclusive of any Vehicle and its contents.
- Where we provide any of our Services to you, we may ask you to make an advance initial payment of the price of such Services. Your rights to a refund on cancellation are set out in the ‘Your cancellation rights as a consumer‘ section of these Terms.
- Direct DebitYou agree to make all recurring, usually monthly, regular payments by direct debit including any other payments as they fall due. Any direct debit payments due have been calculated using the current rates of VAT. Should the rate of VAT change, we will adjust the total payment amounts due to reflect the new rate of VAT. You agree to pay any applicable adjusted payments.
- Initial Rental Payments & Subsequent RentalsInitial rentals are usually taken from your account 7-10 days after delivery by Direct Debit. All subsequent rentals will be taken monthly following that first payment. Some agreements will require the initial rental to be paid prior to delivery, you will be made aware in advance if this applies to your order.
- Fees We ChargeWe may charge a Vehicle Arrangement Fee, if so, details will be disclosure you are part of the sales process and will be outlined in your initial disclosure document. We may require a Vehicle Reservation Fee (a deposit), typically £500, which is fully refundable on delivery or should you cancel. Our Vehicle Arrangement Fee and any Deposit being paid can only be administrated by a debit card or credit card. Vanarama accepts all major cards: Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, Mastercard and Maestro.
- InvoiceShould you receive an invoice which you dispute, in good faith, please contact us using the ‘Contact us‘ section of these Terms to notify us of such dispute.
- Faulty GoodsNothing in these Terms will affect your legal rights, as a Consumer, if goods are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- Vehicle OwnershipFor Contract Hire, Personal Contract Hire and Finance Lease agreements, please be advised that you will not own the vehicle at the end of your contract; the Lender is the registered owner and keeper of that vehicle.
- International Delivery
- Not all the Goods and Services seen via our website are available in all geographical locations or available to all customers. Vanarama reserves the right to decide if you are eligible for any specific Goods or Services.
- If you choose to enter our website and your country of residence is outside of the United Kingdom, you are advised that it may not be legal in that jurisdiction for you to access or use the facilities available to you on our website and the legal requirements of that jurisdiction may prohibit you from dealing or otherwise transacting with us.
- Terms for consumers
- Please note, this section is only applicable for Consumers.
- Any indicative prices shown with respect to any Goods and/or Services may be presented inclusive or exclusive of VAT and you are liable to pay VAT.
- Terms for business customers
- Please note, this section is only applicable for business customers.
- Any indicative prices shown with respect to any Goods and/or Services will be exclusive of VAT.
- This contract constitutes the entire agreement between you and us, and these Terms inclusive of any order, order confirmation, and any approved variations to the order supersedes and nullifies all previous agreements, warranties, representations, promises, assurances, and understandings between us, whether written or verbal, in pertinence to the subject matter.
- Prior to any engagement with us, please ensure you have the relevant authority from the business on whose behalf you are entering into any contract with us.
- Your obligation to usYou are obliged to furnish such information to us that may be necessary for us to perform our Services and/or provide Goods to you. You are further obliged to ensure that you will co-operate with us in all matters pertaining to the Goods and/or Services we provide.
- Events outside our control
- Vanarama will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a contract that is caused by an event outside our control.
- If events outside our control take place and this affects the performance of our obligations to you under a contract:
- we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
- our obligations under a contract will be suspended. The time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of such event outside our control. Where an event outside our control affects our delivery of products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after such event outside our control is over.
- Should you wish to cancel your contract if an event outside our control takes place and you no longer wish for us to provide the Goods and/or our Services, please refer to the section under ‘Your cancellation rights as a consumer‘. Vanarama shall only cancel the contract if an event outside our control persists for longer than 6 weeks and in accordance with ‘Our cancellation rights‘ which are outlined in these Terms.
- Your cancellation rights as a Consumer
- Please note, the provisions in this section (‘Your cancellation rights as a Consumer‘) of these Terms only apply if you are a Consumer.
- As a Consumer, under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, and within the definition of those Regulations, you have the lawful right to cancel the contract during the cancellation period / cooling-off period as defined in these Terms.
- This includes where you choose to cancel a contract because we have been affected by an event outside of our control or where we change these Terms as defined under the section ‘Variations to these terms or variations to your Order‘. This means that during the cancellation period / cooling-off period, should you decide for whatever reason that you do not want to receive the Goods and/or our Services, please notify us using the ‘Contact us‘ section of these Terms and you will be reimbursed for any secured Deposits or payments made in advance without interest.
- Your lawful right to cancel a contract commences from the date you receive the Order confirmation, which is also the start date of your contractual agreement with us. You have 14 calendar days to cancel your contract with us under the Consumer Contracts Regulations. Advice about your lawful rights is available from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- Should you decide to cancel an Order with us, and you have secured with us any payment in advance of Goods and/or Services that have not yet been provided or delivered to you, you will be reimbursed for such amounts without interest. However, should you choose to cancel an Order, for any of the reasons listed in this section above, and we have already commenced any work on your Order for Goods and/or Services by the time we are required to cancel, you will be required to pay us any costs we have reasonably incurred in starting to fulfil your Order. This charge will be deducted from any refund that is due to you. Where no refund is due to you, such costs will be invoiced to you and we will affirm these costs with you when you contact us to make the cancellation. If, however, excluding any events outside our control, you have cancelled an Order with us due to our failure to comply with these Terms, you are not required to make any payments to us.
- In the instance where you have cancelled an Order for Goods, and we have already dispatched these Goods to you, we are unable to cancel your Order until it has been delivered. In the instance this happens, and the Goods are returned to us, you will be charged for the cost of collection or will need to pay to have the Goods returned to us. This in no way affects any applicable refund that is due to you but any charge for collection will be deducted or invoiced to you.
- Your cancellation rights are reserved in that once we have commenced providing our Services to you, you may cancel the contract for our Services at any time by providing us with a minimum of 30 calendar days' notice in writing. Where you have secured with us any payment in advance of any Goods and/or Services that have not been provided or delivered to you, you will be reimbursed for such amounts without interest.
- You reserve the right to cancel the contract for our Services at any time and with immediate effect by providing us with written notice. Such cancellation Terms will be enforced where any of the Terms of this contract are breached by us in any material way and we fail to rectify the situation within 7 days of you asking us to do so in writing. You also reserve the right to cancel the contract should we, change these Terms to your material disadvantage, enter liquidation, or a receiver or administrator is appointed over our assets, or for any affected events outside of our control.
- These cancellation rights will not apply where you have requested our Services to be performed during the cancellation period and you have accordingly acknowledged your responsibility to pay the deposit, or reasonable sums falling due, for our Services during the cancellation period. These cancellation rights will also not apply where you have placed an Order for Goods which have been made-to-your-requirements as we are not able to cancel an order of this type once made.
- Our cancellation rights
- Should we be required to cancel an Order for any Goods and/or Services prior to the delivery of such Goods or prior to commencement of our Services, your cancellation rights in pertinence to this have been listed under this section of these Terms.
- We shall promptly notify you in any instance where a cancellation made by us is due to an event outside our control or due to the unavailability of Goods, or in the case of Services, any unavailability of key personnel or key materials without which we cannot provide our Services.
- Please note, if we need to cancel an Order for the reasons listed above and you have secured with us any payment in advance of Goods and/or Services that have not been provided or delivered to you, you will be reimbursed for such amounts without interest. Where we have already commenced any work on your Order for Goods and/or Services by the time we are required to cancel, you will not be charged for this and/or be required to make any payments to us.
- Our cancellation rights are reserved in that once we have commenced providing our Services to you, we may cancel the contract for our Services at any time by providing you with a minimum of 30 calendar days' notice in writing. Where you have secured with us any payment in advance of any Goods and/or Services that have not been provided or delivered to you, you will be reimbursed for such amounts without interest.
- Vanarama reserves the right to cancel the contract for our Goods and/or Services at any time and with immediate effect by providing you with written notice. Such cancellation Terms will be enforced where you have defaulted on any payments or have not paid us in accordance with the Terms set out under the ‘Price and payment terms‘ section of these Terms. This will not affect our right to charge you interest in accordance with the Terms set out under the ‘Price and payment terms‘ section.
- Vanarama also reserves the right to cancel the contract for our Goods and/or Services should any of the Terms of this contract be breached by you in any other material way and you fail to rectify the situation within 7 calendar days of us asking you to do so in writing.
- Manufacturer’s warranty
- A Manufacturer's warranty is in addition to your legal rights, as a Consumer, in relation to any Vehicle that may be deemed faulty or not as reasonably described. Should you need any advice about your legal rights, your local Citizen's Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office may be able to help.
- Where applicable, the terms and conditions of the Manufacturer's warranty will be provided upon request or can be obtained directly from the Manufacturer.
- Promotional offersFrom time to time, we may present you with promotional offers. Terms and conditions for such promotions will be made available to you at your request and in all instances, will be published on our website.
- Our liability to consumers
- Should we fail to comply with these Terms, we assume responsibility for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result arising from our breach of these Terms or our negligence. We cannot assume responsibility for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it arose from an obvious consequence of our breach or if they were contemplated by both you and us at the time both parties entered the contract.
- Our liability to you is limited to only losses you may suffer as a direct result of any breach on our part to these Terms. We cannot accept liability for indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages or losses that you or your business may incur, including but not limited to, business interruption, any lost data, and profits. Vanarama does not exclude its liability, if any, to you for any matter for which it would be unlawful for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
- Our liability to business customersOur liability to you is limited to only losses you may suffer as a direct result of any breach on our part to these Terms. We cannot accept liability for indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages or losses that you or your business may incur, including but not limited to, business interruption, any lost data, and profits. Vanarama does not exclude its liability, if any, to you for any matter for which it would be unlawful for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
- Your liabilityWhere a Vehicle has been sourced for you and/or any claim is made against us by a third party (including, but not limited to, a Lender) arising out of or in connection with the provision of our Services to the extent that such claim arises from the cancellation of this contract and/or cancellation of any finance agreement by you, you agree to indemnify Vanarama and hold us harmless against all reasonable and properly incurred liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including, but not limited to, any direct, indirect, or consequential losses and all interest, expenses, legal and professional costs, and penalties) suffered or incurred by us as a result.
- Transfer of our rights and obligations
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another entity. In the instance this does occur, this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms and we will always notify you in writing of any such event.
- Should we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, should we not enforce our rights against you or delay in doing so, this in no way constitutes that we have waived our rights against you and does not imply that you do not have to comply with such obligations. Should any defaults by you be waived by us, this will be expressly done so in writing and does not imply that we will automatically waive any subsequent defaults by you.
- Transfer of your rights and obligations
- The Terms of this contract are between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its Terms. You may only transfer any of your rights and obligations governed by these Terms to another person or entity if we agree to this in writing.
- Should you wish to transfer the benefit of any warranty as defined under the ‘Manufacturer’s warranty‘ section of these Terms, neither party to this contract will need their consent to cancel or make any changes to these Terms.
- No rights of third partiesThe Terms of this contract are between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its Terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise. Neither party to this contract is required to obtain the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these Terms.
- Jurisdiction and governing law
- Our Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- Any disputes arising out of or relating to the use of our website shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Our website and any associated Terms are intended for the use of customers in the United Kingdom only. If any of these Terms should be found to be unlawful, invalid, or otherwise enforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms are intended to be effective, it shall be severed and deleted, to the extent necessary, from this clause and all remaining Terms shall remain in full force and effect. Nothing in these Terms shall affect your statutory rights.
- Contact usIf you require any further information from us, wish to make a complaint about our service, or need to report any defect with your Vehicle, please contact our Customer Support Team using our contact details below where we shall endeavour to answer your queries or help to resolve any complaint or matter as soon as possible. Please note, calls may be monitored or recorded for quality assurance and training purposes.
Registered Office Address:
Telephone Number: 01442 838 192 Email Address: CustomerSupport@autorama.co.uk
- Making a complaint
- Should you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the ‘Contact us‘ section of these Terms. If anything is unclear or if you are not happy with the way we have handled your complaint, please do contact us to let us know and we shall endeavour to answer your queries or help to resolve any complaint or matter as soon as possible.
- For our full Complaints Procedures please click here.
- If you are still unhappy and have received a final response letter from us, you may ask for a review from the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). You can use the details below to contact them and find out about how to use the service.
Financial Ombudsman Service,
0800 023 4567 (from a landline)
0300 123 9123 (from a mobile)
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org