To take your pictures, you don’t need a fancy camera, any decent phone camera will suffice.
Here are our top tips on how to get the best pictures of your van, to help you sell it faster:
- 1. Make sure your van is clean inside and out and that everything works properly. We have more detail on this here.
- 2. The first photo any potential buyer will see is likely to be a small thumbnail so make it the best image possible. Location is very important - park your van somewhere with a plain and uncluttered background, so the viewer doesn’t get distracted by what’s in the background.
- 3. Try and catch a dry, sunny day, so you can get as much natural light as possible into your photographs.
- 4. You can upload lots of photos on Auto Trader so use this to show every bit of your van off. Take your time, shoot lots of different photos including the interior, front, back, sides and close ups. Photograph any faults or damage - potential buyers will be annoyed if they turn up to see your van and they find damage they didn’t know about.
- 5. Don’t try and be arty with your pictures, keep them simple. People are interested in the van, not your artistic flair.