You won’t need a fancy camera, any modern phone camera will do. It’s how you photograph it that matters. Here are our top tips:
- 1. Prepare your motorhome by cleaning it and making sure everything is in working order. We have more detail on this here.
- 2. With pictures on your advert, it’s all about location, location, location. Remember, the first photo any potential buyer will see is probably going to be a small thumbnail, which means you need it to be as clear as possible. A plain and uncluttered background is best, as it will help your motorhome stand out and prevent the viewer from getting distracted by the background.
- 3. Natural light is important, you want to get as much of this as possible. If you can, find a dry, sunny day.
- 4. Remember to show off the whole motorhome - you can upload 100 pictures on Auto Trader so make the most of them. Take your time, shoot lots of different images outside and in and include close ups where relevant. Make sure you photograph faults or damage too, as potential buyers will only be disappointed if they come to view your motorhome and spot damage they didn’t see on your advert.
- 5. Don’t be tempted to be arty. People are interested in the motorhome, not your photographic style.