The Haulier sometimes gets tired and bored with his company's trucks. Ralf Ekdahl doesn’t believe in spending half your life just covering up, so decides to a revamp them - creating wheels which leave a lasting impression.
His latest creation is a Mercedes-Benz Actros 2551 semitrailer tractor with GigaSpace cab, which pays the homage to “The Boss” Bruce Springsteen.
Here are all the top features of this unique truck:
- Six speakers have been added to the outside of the vehicle, which play all the hits from “Born to Run” to “Dancing in the Dark”
- Base of dark blue and violet colour
- Motifs by airbrush artist Terje Aspmo - inspired by Sprinsteen's career
- Lots of parts made from stainless steel
- Bumper guide poles in the shape of illuminated, old-school microphones
- “Stars and Stripes” themed interior including; painted motifs, neon lights and leatherwork
- Ornate Fender Telecaster integrated into the underside of the bed
- Guitar volume knobs, used as décor
To make the truck truly iconic, they convinced “The Boss” himself, along with his long-term guitarist Nils Lofgren to sign the the cover over the fifth wheel coupling.
Building and painting this vehicle took a whole year. It is now in operation by Ekdahls Miljö haulage firm, who have a fleet of 75 trucks and employs 64 staff.
- Truck - Mercedes-Benz Actros 2551
- Vehicle owner - Ekdahls Miljö AB
- Paint - Björks Lack & Kaross, Tomelilla
- Motifs - Terje Aspmo
- Stainless steel/appointments - Hio-Mex, Finland
- Leather - Verhoomo Prima