Skip to contentSkip to footer

Agricultural vehicle insurance from NFU Mutual

100 years of serving the rural community

Get a quote
D7A52EAF-79DC-401C-A21C-8480977927F8 Created with sketchtool.

Why choose NFU Mutual Agricultural Vehicle Insurance?

After 100 years of serving the rural community, it's safe to say, farming customers are at the heart of everything NFU Mutual do. That's why Agricultural Vehicle Insurance has been created to protect the vehicles you rely on - whatever type of farming you do.

From tractors, combine harvesters, balers and wrappers to quad bikes and mowers, NFU Mutual offer comprehensive, third party fire & theft, and third party-only cover to meet your needs.

They also offer a range of discounts for specific Thatcham-approved security devices and provide public liability and motor legal protection cover as standard, so you can be sure you'll get comprehensive cover and a value-for-money quote. Limits and Exclusions apply.

  • They'll replace your vehicle with a new one if it's less than one year old when written off or stolen

  • £500,000 cover for trailers and implements as standard

  • Damage to wiring, ECUs and alternators caused by a short circuit

Insurance articles

Frequently asked questions

  • Your machinery is one of the most crucial elements of your farming business, you need to make sure you protect its value in the event of fire, theft or a serious incident.

  • Exploring a few different options before settling on the right tractor insurance policy for you.
    Always talk to an individual provider, ask them questions and make sure you are clear about what you’re looking for.
    Check your policy covers any accessories and equipment attached to your tractor.
    If you’ll be using the tractor for personal e.g a country show, consider getting a dedicated policy specifically for this.
    If you are using older tech on your farm, consider a special insurance policy for older vehicles.

  • Agricultural insurance coverage is designed specifically for farms and can cover a variety of things such as vehicles like trucks and combine harvesters and other agricultural elements like your crops in the event of damage, your animals, farm buildings and much more.
    This type of insurance can also include personal assets including any private vehicles that you might own or perhaps off-road bikes. You may be able to fit your home and your personal belongings in this policy as well.
    Make sure you discuss your options with your insurance provider, so you are covering everything you need protecting.

Auto Trader Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to consumer credit and insurance mediation activities. Our FCA firm number is 735711. Auto Trader introduces consumers to THE NATIONAL FARMERS UNION MUTUAL INSURANCE SOCIETY LIMITED (“NFUM”). NFUM is an appointed representative for general insurance products and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Their FCA firm number is 117664.