Even if you have a well-priced, lovely caravan, if your pictures are not very good, you’ll struggle to get noticed. You don’t need a fancy camera to take your photos, any decent phone camera will suffice. Here are our top tips on how to get the best pictures of your caravan:
- 1. Make sure your caravan is clean inside and out and that everything works properly. We have more detail on this here.
- 2. The first photo any potential buyer will see is likely to be a small thumbnail so choose this wisely. Location is very important - park your caravan somewhere with a plain and uncluttered background, so people don’t get distracted by the background.
- 3. Try and catch a dry, sunny day to get as much natural light as possible into your photographs.
- 4. You can upload 100 photos on Auto Trader - use this to your advantage by showing off every bit of your caravan. When you go to take your photographs, take your time and shoot loads of different pictures from the outside and in. Take pictures of any faults or damage as potential buyers will be frustrated if they turn up and find damage they didn’t know about.
- 5. Keep your pictures simple. People are interested in your caravan, not your artistic flair.
Your advert will certainly benefit from putting in time to get your pictures the best you can. Take this as your opportunity to show the caravan in its best light.
- Prepare your caravan by cleaning it inside and out
- Find a clear background to take your pictures in front of
- Take detailed photos – including any faults
- Your main picture should show the whole caravan
- Take loads of pictures and pick the best ones out
- Don’t be tempted to be arty with your photographs
Sell your caravan now
There’s no time like the present, why not get your caravan in front of the 240,000 buyers who come to our site every month now? Advertise your caravan here.