1 in 3 vehicles we checked has a significant hidden history*
Now you can buy a car with confidence.
Already got a Vehicle Check?
Retrieve a check.
What we offer
We check the following:
- Being reported stolen
- Being written off
- Being scrapped
- Having the correct mileage
- The number of previous owners
- Any outstanding finance
- Any colour changes
- Any plate changes
- Being imported
- Being exported
- The make
- The model
- The colour
- Fuel type
- Body type
- The engine number
- The number of gears
- Engine capacity
- Date first registered
- Being used before registration
- High risk of third party trace
- Year of manufacture
- Road tax rate
- CO2 Emissions
- VIN confirmation
Find out instantly whether the car you are interested has a background you're happy with.
For only an extra £5, a multi check allows you to check the background of up to 5 vehicles within a 60 day period.
The vehicles we check show:
- 1 in 8
- were recorded as an insurance write off
- 1 in 10
- has outstanding finance recorded
- 1 in 16
- showed significant mileage discrepancies
- were reported as stolen in 2010
- are wanted by the police, lenders or other third parties
What our customers say
The Vehicle Check Promise
If the vehicle you check is revealed to have been written-off, scrapped or currently listed as stolen, we'll give you another Vehicle Check for FREE.**
£30,000 Data Insurance
All our checks include up to £30,000 of data insurance in case of any inaccuracies. More details
Vehicle Check is provided by Experian Ltd (Registered number 653331), an appointed representative of Motorfile Ltd (Registered number: 3009493). Experian Ltd and Motorfile Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Both companies are registered in England and Wales with registered office at Landmark House, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park, Nottingham, NG80 1ZZ.
* Significant history covers vehicles which are stolen, written off, high Risk, have outstanding finance, scrapped or have a mileage discrepancy. Source: AutoCheck Used Car Report 2012.
** Reports showing category A or B write off, stolen, scrapped or 3rd party trace information only.