The most important thing is to stay in control throughout the process, and you can do that by following these tips:
- 1. When you’re setting up a meeting, get the buyer’s contact details, allowing you to call them back to confirm details, and to check that they’re genuine. Also ask them to bring some proof of identity with them - perhaps their driving licence, as they'll need this if they want to test drive the car.
- 2. Always meet potential buyers at your home; and, if it makes you more comfortable, have someone with you.
- 3. When your buyer arrives, check their proof of identity; and, if they come by car, take a note of its details.
- 4. Allow them plenty of time to look over your car.
- 5. If they want to set up a third-party inspection, let them.